The police ruled it as the motorcyclists fault, he has insurance so hopefully this goes smoothly. But the insurance company is out of Iowa and my insurance informed me they have a reputation for being very slow but paying out. Lucky for me then that Brent spent several hours getting the mirror reattached. I was impressed he used the screw holes that the original mirror once used and used some type of webbing to screw it in and then taped it up with the fix all duct tape and then being thoughtful covered it in black tape so it wouldn't stand out like a sore thumb. He also had to pry part of the dent out of the passenger door so that it would open normally.
So now we have a van with a taped on sidemirror, big dent in the side of the passenger door, small dent above the tire well and a great deal of scratches. I didn't realize how attached I was to my van until Brent called me to tell me he had been in an accident. I seriously love that van.


4 comments:
Oh man! That sucks. Sorry.
Ouch! Your poor van! I'm glad that everyone is okay though. It's always frustrating when you have to take your vehicle in for repairs. Good luck with everything. If you need something, like a ride somewhere while it's getting fixed let me know. After all, isn't that the best thing about vans...there's enough room for lots of people!
I'm sorry about your van!! I know what you mean about being attached to your car. When we were in an accident last month I was super mad at the guy who had hurt my little car! When we dropped it off at the auto body shop I felt like I was leaving one of my children at the hospital! I told Scott maybe it's time for us to start having kids so I'll stop viewing our vehicles as children! :)
I'm so sorry. I got in an accident last September and it was very annoying. Hope you can get if fixed fast without any trouble from the insurance company.
Post a Comment