My kids love veggies, they will pass on a kids meal any day for a salad and tomatoes are one of their favorites. My kids will eat a tomato like an apple. In the past we have been blessed by generous friends and neighbors that have shared their garden's wealth. This year I have a tomato plant and Grandma Hampton gave Sage her very own tomato plant in a pot. We forgot it at Grandma's and oh my, the trauma! She cried and cried and cried. I finally let her call Grandma, she gave her a lecture about watering it for her it was pretty funny. We had to go get it the next day, it was late by the time we got home and I put the girls straight to bed. Sage didn't see Dad carry it to the deck for her. The next morning Sage sat straight up in bed when she heard the garage door close as Brent left for work. "My MATER!! plant!! is in the VAN!" Funny kid. I had to get up and show her the plant on the deck before she would believe me.


We had to make a rule that both Sage and I have to be dressed before she can water her tomato plant. That way she wasn't getting up earlier and earlier to do it. She loves her plant but she is convinced tomatoes are going to show up at any moment, lol. She keeps running out to check on it.
No comments:
Post a Comment