He was Braden Duncan, from Midway and is Robert Duncan's son. I like his perspective on photography and life. It has really stuck with me the last week and I have really enjoyed thinking about things he said and some of the pictures he took. He talked about how every scene, every place has something beautiful, you just have to find it. True for photography but I keep thinking about it and how really that is a beautiful way to live your life. If as a photographer you can look for the beautiful then as people we should be able to as well. I liked how you could see a story in his pictures, He listed spending time with the subject as one of the most important things to getting a great picture. He also said great pictures have interaction. That was an epiphany for me. This is my favorite photo I have taken.
I couldn't have told you why until after this class. Now I can. I love this photo because of the interaction between my girls. My sweet Aspen sleeping safe at home finally and Sage finally holding her baby sister and the sweetness of the moment. I will definatley be looking not for just the perfect scrapbook picture anymore but also for the interaction, the story, the beauty in the moment.
I couldn't have told you why until after this class. Now I can. I love this photo because of the interaction between my girls. My sweet Aspen sleeping safe at home finally and Sage finally holding her baby sister and the sweetness of the moment. I will definatley be looking not for just the perfect scrapbook picture anymore but also for the interaction, the story, the beauty in the moment.


2 comments:
Sorry I didn't save you a seat at the class...
I was bummed that the other speaker did not make it, she was the one I wanted to see the most, but I agree with you Braden was good and made it worth going.
It was also cool that Rex rememberd Tracy and I.
Yeah um that was RAGING HORMONES. I was on one that day. Everything pissed me off. I wanted to have a knock down fight with those girls. LOL I wasn't mad at you I know you have the fatal NICE gene to deal with, LOL
Post a Comment