
Yes, it is January but I thought you might like a catch up on our holidays. Christmas Eve started early this year, Candice and Jeff joined us with their families for breakfast. I learned that bread flour and all purpose flour are not created equally and if you want to use bread flour for waffles cut out some of the baking powder otherwise you end up with very fluffy waffles that go flat. Luckily the kids ate most of the flat but tasty first batch and the 2nd attempt while still fluffy did not go quite so flat. After breakfast we opened presents and then cleaned up a bit and played games. Becky may think playdo is not for her and her kids but even she has to admit it kept all 6 kids completely occupied for several hours giving us adults time to play FARKLE! We had such a good time the kids told us to quite down more than once, lol. Anyway I highly recommend a good game of Farkle! Before everyone left Brent had us do some group shots so I thought I would share. The one above is will everyone and yes we have eyes closed and Brent is hiding but at least we will remember who was there, lol.

Bryce, Candice, Taylor and Dylan, notice Dylan has a gap in the front that fits his tongue quite well and yes Taylor is a camera ham right now.

Jeff, Becky, Kenzie and Kaylie, I have a couple with Kaylie looking at the camera but with everyone else's eyes closed so this is the best of the bunch.

The girls in their new Gingerbreadmen pj's for Christmas. I had them open them and then had to run off to work. But lucky for me they were slow so I pretty much turned straight around and came home to bake for Santa.



Here are the cookies and CHOCOLATE milk for Santa and his notes from the girls as well. Sage insists that the only milk Santa likes is chocolate which makes me laugh. Good thing we still had some nestle chocolate milk left from when my sister was living with us or Santa would have had straight cocoa in his milk, yuck! Overall it was a great day and a perfect Christmas Eve. Now if you are lucky you may get a post about Christmas before February!
3 comments:
Looks like you had a great holiday season with your family. Darling pajamas! Chocolate milk is better!!
Santa get Chocolate Milk at your house! Dang, I am amased he even came to mine, we didn't even give him a snack.
Slacker! Santa is sure to be putting you on the naughty list!
Post a Comment