
We were married December 8, 2001 in Midway, Utah. Seven years! I have always wanted a Christmas wedding so it was amazing from the start. Even better my best friend forever, we have pictures of us in our kindergarten play, Mara McEwin flew out and made the day even more special. The highlights:
1. All out panic at the thought of having to walk down the stairs in front of all those people! What if I fell!? I remember trying to think of any excuse to postpone the wedding for a few minutes so the panic could lift.
2. As I walked down the stairs I had been dreading how I didn't even stress about how many people there were or falling because all I could see was Brent looking at me.
3. Don't hug short strong grandmothers who split zippers! Yup first hug after the wedding and she split the zipper, each hug after that as I would raise my arms up I could feel it giving a bit more, till by the end my Dad had his arm around me holding it closed. What is funny is how no one noticed! As soon as the line of people were gone I raced upstairs where a "team" sewed me back in! LOL oh my!
4. My something blue was on my toes! I had an awesome pedicure in a pearl color and wore a toe ring with blue stones. Oh and I got married barefoot, the only time I had shoes on that day were huge snowboots to take that picture.
5. LOVE wassail so it was so perfect to serve it at my Christmas wedding and a bonus I hadn't thought of was how dang yummy the house smelled for the wedding and the reception.
6. We decided to get married and 2 weeks later we did. Yup, invitations, dress, flowers and all. Pretty amazing if I do say so myself!
7. I got to scrapbook my wedding album a treat in itself!


2 comments:
Here's the hair link you wanted.
http://shedoeshair.blogspot.com/
I know this has nothing to do with weddings, but if your girls are ever asked to be flowergirls, they will have wonderful do's for the occassion.
I just want to say, your wedding was so magical and so beautiful. How lucky I was to be there to share in the celebration!
Post a Comment