Sunday, May 31, 2009

If you can't say something nice . . . .


Remember that smart mom of Thumper the rabbit? Well I have been having that thought stuck in my head for several weeks now. If you can't say something nice don't say anything at all.

Well as my blog will attest I haven't posted in several weeks and that pretty much proves that I haven't had much nice to say.

I just have NEVER been one to not say what I think, usually it just pours out of me, at times like that it is pretty much just my husband and my sister Katie that accept me, lol. Katie is probably the only person who I can say, "Well I don't care what you think I am doing it anyway," and I just get a laugh from her because she isn't really that surprised by my reaction and best of all she still loves me.

Yet now in my life I rarely get to say what I think, I stuff it down and smile pretty and try to not let it bug the crap out of me that I can't tell them . . . . . . sigh. Then I think of stupid rabbits and take another deep breath and don't say a word. Crap I hate being the bigger person. It is much less stressful just to put it out there by the way and just pop off with what your thinking.

Just like when my friend Lore had issues and needed advice on what to do, I so often told her to call her friend Steph. I love Steph someday I hope to be like her, she doesn't just react to a situation she actually can make a decision based on something besides emotion. I admit I find this quality truly amazing and wonder if I could ever achieve that ability. For now I think of rabbits and sit there and fester, lol. But at least I am not causing any wars or additional contention. Even if I do think this particular pot could use a great big stirring, I know it is worthless to even bother spending the energy as some people are incapable of catching a clue. Hmmm. . . that is bordering on dangerous, I better just post this and move on before Thumper's Mom shows up in my head again.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Don't forget the bunny father had some good advice..."Don't eat just the yummy thistle flower, you need to eat the leafy greens too." Of course I'm paraphrasing here because I don't remember exactly, but still surprising what great advice you can gain from woodland animals! Good luck on your quest!