Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Farewell to Gunner

We found Gunner. On Wednesday night about 9:30pm he was hit by a large dump truck type truck on the north off ramp at 90th South. A lady saw him running and recognized him as a small black and white dog with long hair and was going to get out and try and catch him when he was hit by the truck and there was obviously no way he was alive. She was really bothered by it and searched KSL on Saturday night and saw my ad and when she saw the picture and the area she knew it was him. She has hesitated to call but it has bothered her so much she went out to the ksl ad today and decided to call me as she figured if it was her dog she would rather know than not know. She was so upset but I really appreciated her sincere phone call and information. We drove to the area and found the spot she mentioned. It was pretty horrible there wasn't much left of him but between the time, description, and area and what was left of the body. I am 99% sure that it was our Gunner. Thank you for all the love and support and help we have recieved in finding him. It was not the outcome I was hoping for or wanted. But I have had such a hard time sleeping, worrying about him, in a way it is kinder to not wonder but know he is gone and isn't suffering.

He was a special little dog with a big heart. Loving was what he did best and for that I will always remember his sweet face and miss him.

1 comment:

ShamelessPhotography said...

Sorry Mel, that's such a shame. Its hard to lose a pet, they become special parts of our families.