Aspen turned 5 on Monday, October 4th and what a busy day it was! Aspen had asked Brent months ago if he would not work on her Birthday so he had taken it off for her. So we started the day with a family breakfast of pancakes because there is nothing Aspen likes better than pancakes except maybe peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. We then went outside for a quick photo shoot, Aspen was excited to wear one of her new outfits from her birthday party on Saturday.
After our photo shoot we did school for a few hours and then headed off to the mall to let Aspen pick out a birthday outfit. We took her to Crazy8's because there is no where better to shop! She promptly picked out this cute dress on clearance for $9, lol. WooHoo a bargain shopper already!
So I promptly helped her out and added the full price satin shirt to the pile. I fell in love with this one and didn't want to wait in case I couldn't get it in her size.
Then we took her to Chucky Cheese which she calls Chunky Cheese. They snarfed down their pizza as fast as they could so they could get to the good stuff . . . the games. I found I have a real knack for the wheel of fortune and racked in a hefty amount of tickets for the girls to spend on fluff.
It was a fun day spent as a family. I put the girls to bed and got teary eyed. I cried when Sage turned 5 too. Don't know what it is but it makes me a bit sad to see them turn 5. Aspen is my sweet girl. She is not in the least selfish, in fact I will give you an example. If I gave both girls a bag of skittles, Aspen would get 1/2 a bag and Sage would get 1 1/2 bags. Why? Because Sage would ask her to share and Aspen would do it, I would get mad and tell her to leave Aspen alone and that she didn't have to share. Aspen would promptly burst into tears and tell me that she wants to share with Sage. I would give up and let Sage eat her 1 1/2 bags of candy. Our family is lucky to have our soft hearted Aspen.
About an hour after putting Aspen to bed I heard her crying I went in to check and she was sobbing because she didn't want to grow up. I finally got her calmed down enough to explain to me that if she grew up, Brent and I would get old. If we got old we would die and she didn't want us to die. Poor kids, ever since they lost Gunner they think entirely too much about death. It hurts my heart but I am not sure what to do about it. Anyway I finally convinced her turning 5 wasn't the end of the world it was cool and we weren't going to die if she turned 5. So help me neither of us better get hit by a bus this year or this poor girl will be scarred for life!
Oh I almost forgot, the next day she asked me to look for gray hairs on her head!!! Can you believe a five year old looking for gray hairs!? Hmmmm that one may be my fault I did gray early, but not at five!!!
zolo99 slot รวมเกมแตกง่ายจากทุกค่ายดัง
10 months ago











4 comments:
Nice pics Mel... I see you are really getting the hang of it now. Your girls are getting prettier everyday!
Thanks, I make myself shoot in manual now all the time, it really makes you think about each picture. I can't wait for my new camera with tax returns whoo hoo, our Mark's can hang out together, lol.
The girls are getting too grown up every day!!
Love your pictures! Aspen is so funny. Gray hair at 5. That still makes me laugh. Did you get you camera back yet?
I agree with Tracy. Your pics have gone to a new level of awesomeness. We'll have to get together again for an all night editing session. Too much fun.
Post a Comment