Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Yard Work . . .yup me!

I did yard work yesterday. For those that know me get back up off the floor and yes I really did. I cut down the forest of baby aspen trees under the deck and side yard. Gathered the giant tumbleweeds was tempted to sell them on Ebay, I have heard they are huge in Japan they will pay a fortune for them paint them and put them in their yards. Weird, but I trashed them instead. Gathered up Gunner poops. Spent an hour or more with Aspen picking up sticks from the willow tree. Gathered Fluff from the yard. Yes, you may not be familiar with the term "fluff." That is the stuff you find everywhere when your dog shreds the cushions from your yard chairs. That stuff is sticky too, it doesn't blow away it sticks. So we picked up fluff and more fluff. I filled the garbage can to overflowing. Then the mowers came, hooray, I love my mowers, they mowed and edged and used the edger to hack down some of the stuff I should have chopped down in the fall and didn't. My yard looked pretty good I was going to take some pictures and send them to Lore to show off my skills in the yard. (Ok even I am laughing at that one) But I had gone to the dentist so my jaw was killing me and I couldn't chew so Brent took us to Denny's for dinner I had "melt" in your mouth pancakes so I didn't have to chew. When we came home the wind had blown over the trash can and spread my 4 hours of work across the driveway and yard again. No I am not doing yard work today, it can just stay the way it is for now. I will get some Yard TRASH BAGS and start again on Friday. Sigh.

To take the edge off of my grief and pain, I called my brother the PA and asked which of Brent's drugs for his back if any would help my jaw pain. Lucky me one of them was perfect. I love my brother! I went to bed and miracle of miracles a short time later no pain and a blessed drugged sleep.

I feel much better today but I am still not doing yard work. I am going to mop the kitchen floor, Sage informs me it is disgusting, thanks sweetie love you too. I would like to pretend that it will stay clean longer than the yard did but I know the truth, I will be lucky to keep it clean until Brent comes home.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Humm, sounds very familiar. It seems like anything I do around my house or yard is undone in moments. My daughter and husband are nice enough not to comment on the state of my house, however the neighbor girl doesn't have the same resistance.

Shamelessly said...

LOL... That is...well funny in a sad way. Just wait for another good storm and maybe it will all blow into the neighbors yard!