Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Photoshop

I have had a fun week with photoshop and saved me a bunch of money, maybe not time but at least money. I found some old negatives of Brent's family that I checked at a photo store to see if they could be developed. As they were all very odd sized old fashioned negatives and not in the best shape it would be extremely expensive to print and they really needed repaired which was even pricier. So I had decided to give my scanner a try I scanned in the black and white negatives and actually got a great quality scan.

Which I then imported into photoshop and inverted it. Not bad but you can see why they wanted to charge so much to repair it. Not in very good shape.
So I went to work. I am not done but I have made great progress. I zoom in and start repairing a very slow process and one that makes your eyes bug out after a while. Here is what I have so far. I think it is a huge improvement, but still not done. If you zoom in this is what you see.
So I still have much work to do but I am excited at how well it has turned out. I will start on the others when I finish this one, but I think most of the rest I already have from scanning original prints that Brent's Grandfather had in his photo albums.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Wow! Looks great! Keep up the good work.