Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sunday Humor

Church has created some fun moments for the Ridgeways lately so I thought I would bundle a few of them up for a short post.

Aspen asked a tall black man in our ward why he wasn't wearing his Sunday Dress.  We were all confused for a moment but she really wanted to know why he didn't have a dress on.  LOL, guess it could have been much worse, he got a good laugh out of it as well.

Sage told me, "Mom, my butt is NOT a temple."  I told her I am sure your teacher said your BODY is a temple.   "Yup my body is a temple but my BUTT is not and it is attatched!" 

Sage also had this one.  "Mom, my teacher is so funny.  She showed us a picture of
 Jesus flying in a blue sky.  That is just so silly."  I am sure this is the picture she was describing.
So I tried to describe how artists try to tell a story with a picture and they were trying to tell her the story of how Jesus will come back to earth from heaven.  She looked at me like I was the child and she was the parent having to set me straight.  "Mom, if Jesus wants to come to earth he just comes."  Then she does her fake snap of her fingers, "He will just be there."  Big sigh and I wonder if she is thinking her teacher AND her Mom are so silly!

2 comments:

Shamelessly said...

MY butt just fell off! LOL... funny.

Lore said...

My Butt is the size of a Temple.