Thursday, February 5, 2009

First Born

I was tagged with this on Facebook, (seriously, love facebook,lol) so I thought I would put it on  my blog for those of you who HORROR don't have facebook accounts.  Those of you that are Mom's I hope to visit your blog soon and see your's filled out as well!  Its all about your firstborn. Just copy and paste it into a blog for yourself!

1. WAS YOUR PREGNANCY PLANNED?
VERY! We had been doing fertility treatments for 4-5 months after trying for a year the "natural" way.

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
Yes
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
I can get pregnant!!! WHOOOHOOO! I called everyone, so much for that wait 3 months thing, I was celebrating!

5.HOW OLD WERE YOU?29

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?I took a pregnancy test that came back with the palest 2nd line you have ever seen, granted I was only like 4 weeks pregnant. I was so excited but it was so pale I wouldn't let myself celebrate until I knew for sure. So I went to the hospital and paid cash for a blood test to verify. I was THRILLED!

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
Brent, I think he was more excited about not having to make monthly "donations" into a cup, lol

8. DID YOU WANNA FIND OUT THE SEX?I wanted confirmation for everyone else, I already knew it was a girl, drove my husband wild. But I was right, with both my girls!

9. DUE DATE?
March 25th
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
oh my! For the entire pregnancy! Especially if I ate anything sweet.

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
Peanut butter was my huge one, but the weirdest was fish during 2nd trimester only. I hate fish I think it tastes gross the smell is enough to make me gag but for 2-3 months during that second trimester I could not get enough fish!
12. WHAT IRRITATED YOU?
Jared my stepson drank this fruit juice drink that the smell made me gag, I swear he could be in the total opposite side of the house and downstairs and I could smell it the second it opened. What cruel joke gave queasy pregnant mom's bloodhound noses? I was on bedrest as well and got quite snappy and so done with being pregnant

13. WHAT WAS THE SEX OF YOUR FIRST CHILD?A girl of course!

14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
No I wanted a girl so bad, Brent was terrified it would be a boy, silly man. I would have loved a boy too.

15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANT?
6 lbs, perks to being sick the whole pregnancy (don't worry with the 2nd I gained almost 60 to make up for it, lol)
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?Yes, I had two one with all my lovely work friends at my favorite restaurant Wingers, so fun. 2nd was friends and family put on by my Super friend Lore Bunker. She barely got it in I had the baby like a week or so after the shower.

17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
I knew

18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING THE PREGNANCY?
TONS, I was considered high risk from the beginning no lifting anything over 15 lbs, not allowed to work over 40 hrs a week, etc. Then I developed Toxemia/High blood Pressure and was put on bedrest for the last of my pregnancy, finally my blood pressure got so high they were worried I would have a stroke and delivered Sage 4 1/2 weeks early
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Utah Valley Regional Medical Center, Provo, UT

20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?0, I have 2 children and have no clue what a contraction feels like
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?
Brent, he always rushes too, which is funny considering it is a c-section not labor

22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Brent, anesthesiologist, Dr Dewey, another Dr I can't remember his name but he assisted in both my c-sections, 3-4 nurses, plus the NICU nurse that was called to be ready as Sage was early. It was a party to enjoy my nakedness!
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
c-section, which is so funny considering the fact I took 2!!! prenatal classes on breathing and natural birth I was so ready for all of this I thought . . . NEVER once even looked into c-sections, didn't even pay attention in class when they went over them. I so was not going there, lol.

24. DID YOU TAKE ANY MEDICATION TO EASE THE PAIN?epidural

25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
5lbs 15 oz but had a tough couple of days and went home from the hospital five days later at 5lbs 1 oz

26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN?February 23
27. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
Sage Marie Marie is after Brent's Mother

EXTRA INFO:
My sister Katie and I had our babies about 3 hours apart on the same day. We had always said w
e would have kids together when we grew up we just didn't know how true that would be. We were at the same hospital and had the same Dr. The nurses thought it was cool and gave us rooms right next to each other. 
Sage and Ethan call each other brother and sister. Pretty Funny. I saw a quote that fits them perfect, "God made us cousins because he knew our mothers couldn't handle us as brother and sister."

MORE EXTRA INFO:
So you feel special this wasn't on my facebook post, lol.  I was so incredibly anxious to see Sage and hold her I became desperate.  Those of you that know me well, know I have little use for politeness when it comes to getting what I want, lol.  I drove those nurses so batty on the delivery floor that they sent a nurses aid to transfer me down to the mother baby floor.  She couldn't even drive the bed, lol.  She ran into the wall a couple of times and it took her several tries to get into the elevator.  When I got to my room I paged my nurse immediately.  It bugged her or maybe she had heard from the nurses upstairs because she made the mistake of coming in with attitude.  I should be embarrassed but I am not, I told her to go get the damn wheel chair I was going to see my baby.  She told me she wasn't helping me get out of bed and when I couldn't get out and into the chair she was leaving.  While I waited for her to return I think I paged her 3 times, lol.  I was planning the great escape I knew Katie and Leon were in the room next door so if I couldn't get into the chair I was going to yell for Leon to put my butt into that chair (yes yell, lol, didn't even think of picking up the PHONE!)  She came in and I had been giving myself a pep talk for the last 10 minutes as I SOO patiently waited for the nurse and the wheel chair to return.  I figured just because I couldn't feel them what so ever! didn't mean that my legs did not work.  I do not know how but I was in that chair in less than 30 seconds,  the nurse and I were both suprised.  Brent of course was not, he knows how stubborn I am, lol.  It was absolutley the most glorious moment to hold my new baby.  There is nothing like that first time you meet that new little person and hold them!  So worth pissing off the nursing staff on two floors!

1 comment:

SuziQ said...

Fun! I hope you don't mind, I stole this for my blog. It's a good reflection as our babies turn five!