Well back to our vacation. We drove to Boise, ID on Friday and stayed with Brian and Rose Ridgeway. We had a wonderful time and they spoiled us. We enjoyed the evenings by sitting in their fabulous backyard enjoying the cool air and the great view and chatting for hours. They made the most amazing barbecued beef for dinner on Saturday, oh my I can't wait to have it again. It was excellent he shared his recipe with us so I will share it too because oh my gosh you all so want to try this! So without further ado:
Brian Ridgeway's Beef Brisket!
Stir in a bowl:
2 1/2 cups Catsup
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups chili sauce
1 1/2 cups white wine vinegar
1/2 cup water
3/4 can beer
3/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup prepared mustard
1 Tbsp. celery seed
4 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tbsp. Soy sauce
2 cloves of garlic minced
ground pepper to taste
Slice brisket and marinate in sauce overnight in refrigerator. Place all of the sauce and brisket in a disposable foilware pan. Cover pan tightly with foil. Place inside barbecue on low heat for 3-4 hours or until meat is tender. Oh my can I just tell you it is amazing. We are going to try the sauce on one of Brent's favorite dutch oven recipes of chicken and broccoli.
As usual you can't get two Ridgeway brothers together without Guns at least coming into the conversation. Brent had the same gun as Brian and helped him to get it clean as it was tricky to take apart. I have to say in my untrained opinion it was an impressive improvement.



As we were leaving we took these pictures of the girls with Uncle Brian, Aunt Rose and Kelsi. Kelsi loved Gunner and wanted me to accidentally forget him and leave him with her.

Another interesting thing we learned about the area was that Evel Kneivel tried to jump the canyon.
After all this excitement we headed to Shoshone Falls. They were truly amazing! They are sometimes called the Niagara Falls of the west and I can see why. In fact, the Shoshone Falls tumble 212 feet to the canyon floor, more than 50 feet farther than the famous Niagara Falls.


I love this picture of my happy dirty little dog. Looks like it is bath time again!
While driving around trying to find other places we managed to drive by both the Boise and the Twin Falls Temples. Boise Temple is very unusual and I liked how the top of the Twin Falls spire is done in blue tile so it blends with the sky and makes the angel on top almost float.
After all this hiking and fun we finally headed for home with only 20+ stops for restroom breaks, walking the dog, diaper changes, swapping dvd's, changing the kids into pj's, etc. We finally arrived home a little after midnight. I had pictured carefully carrying sleeping children to their beds. . . Nope they were wide awake. Aspen was crying that she just wanted to go home all the way up our street and wouldn't believe me that we were almost there. Once we arrived home they had to carefully gather all their things up and head up the stairs where they decided it was time for breakfast. I fed them cold cereal and was so glad to finally get them into bed. I have to admit I had to clean everything out of my new van that night and the next morning I took the shop vac to it to so it was perfect again.


4 comments:
Cool Van!! I loved my van, we out grew it and now have a Suburban. Fun trip to Idaho, too bad you did not cruise through Rexburg!! Amanda
I am so excited about the van, I love it. I did ask how far Rexburg was from Boise. If we had had another day I would have been tempted but it was a pretty short trip.
I am glad you enjoyed your little trip to Boise...we were so happy to have you. I can't wait for you to come back again, it was so much fun. I also love all the pictures you took...I want copies of all of them. The pictures I took turned out very cute too, I will have to send them to you. And again, thank you for my "new" old computer, it is working like brand new. It is so nice to have some computer experts in the family. We love you guys!
Wow, looks like you guys had a great time! Erick has to head up to Idaho next Wed. for work, but won't be taking us with him :( Anyway, congrats on the van!!
Post a Comment