Wednesday, October 21, 2009

OCD and Labs don't mix

We are babysitting Brent's daughter Candice's dog. Did you follow that one, lol. Anyway Angel is a sweet big black lab with a heart of gold and sheds like you would not believe. She has only been in the house a couple of days and it is everywhere.

Sage's job for the day was to vacuum the stairs and landing. This is a job she usually loves and due to her extreme ocd and her need to have it perfect she does a fabulous job. Well the vacuum ran and ran and ran so I began to wonder if she had just left it on and abandoned the job. So I look down the stairs and on the landing is the vacuum, Sage and Angel. The landing is a light wood color and shows every angel hair. Sage is busy vacuuming away at the hair and Angel thinks it is some kind of game and is jumping and barking like crazy shedding even more hair. Poor Sage is furiously trying to get it all. Suddenly the light goes on and she decides to go for the source Angel thought she was nuts and high tailed it out of there. Sage sighs turns the vacuum off and tells me, "Mom your vacuum is broken it doesn't like to get Angel hair. I can't vacuum today, we will have to wait till Candice comes home."

1 comment:

Jennie said...

That is so funny. I can just see her sitting there doing it too. Poor Sage. It's hard to like things a certain way. I had a hard time letting go on some things. I love my living room carpet vacuumed so that you can see the streaks in the carpet. It makes me feel like at least one room was always beautiful. That died when Katherine learned to crawl.