Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Daddy Daughter Trip


As many of you know I have been sick for ages and the kids have been cooped up with me at home much more than usual.  Brent took the girls on an evening drive up the American Fork Canyon.  As I had ear infections I did not think the change of elevation up and down would be fun so I stayed home.  The kids had a blast and have talked about their trip often in the last couple of weeks.  Brent wore his white and black camo shirt up the canyon and when he wore it to work a couple of days later the kids were so upset that he was going to the mountains without them.  I had to call him and let the girls talk to him before they believed me that he was going to work and not the mountains.

Sometimes when you are so miserable it is hard to appreciate the things you do have. I may not have health, lol but I am so lucky to have my girls and Brent.  I love that the girls are happy to spend the evening with him and I love that Brent gives the appreciation of the outdoors to them.  Not many little girls ask to go to Cabellas on a regular basis and enjoy hiking but they do and I love to see them so happy and lit up.  I enjoyed looking at the pictures when they got home and thought I would share some of my favorites.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Your girls are getting so beautiful. I can't believe how grown up they seem.

The Welcher Family said...

These pictures are so amazing.........They are so beautiful...

Jennie said...

Melanie, I don't have problems seeing your blog anymore! It is sooo cute! I love those jackets the girls have. I have to laugh that you of all people would marry someone so passionate about the outdoors. I would think the allergies alone would make that a difficulty. I'm glad that you don't let it hold you back because the girls sure look happy on your trips. Love Ya!

Lore said...

Melanie, I too am happy that you enjoy getting outside and doing stuff.
The pictures are great! Love them.
Hope you are feeling better!