
I am excited to announce that Sage was accepted to the Utah Virtual Academy a charter school with the Alpine school district. It is the best of both worlds, you get the support of the school district but you are still home schooling. They pay for the tuition to the K12 program a very well known and prestigious home school curriculum. They even send Sage her own computer, which she AND my computer are very happy about. Nothing like a child and a computer, it is truly amazing how quickly they can do things you didn't even think were possible. Sage's courses for Kindergarten will be History, Language Arts, Math, PE, Phonics, Spanish, Science and Art.
I have been impressed so far. There is a great deal of support included. They are doing weekly trainings online for me so that I am up to speed by the beginning of the year. I am really excited about it but I can already see my housework/laundry falling behind, lol. I am really excited about doing home school and all the many benefits it will bring to our family! This fall things will be changing at the Ridgeways!
For more information check out the Utah Virtual Academy's Website!


3 comments:
Wow, that seems to me pretty ambitious. I struggle to get Katherine to talk to me about letters let alone teach her. Good luck!
After thinking about my comment it sounds kind of rude. That's totally NOT what I meant. I know that if anyone can do this it would be you. You always seems so on top of things. I just know that I couldn't do it...1)because Katherine won't interact with me and 2)because I'm a procrastinator. Anyway I'm happy that things are working out the way you wanted. And hurray for the new computer!
no offense, lol. I realize it is not for everyone, I am really excited about it. It will be an adventure.
Post a Comment