Dad's are the best aren't they? Isn't it amazing how Mom's will cook, clean, kiss the scrapes, clean, soothe the fears, clean, put their kids before themselves in every way possible and yet Dad's have this magical spot especially for their daughters.
I adore my children, Sage is 4 and Aspen is 2 1/2 and I left them for the first time ever for a weekend with just Brent and I. I was very brave and I got teary eyed as we left but I didn't cry. I was so excited to get home to them I literally had butterflies. I run in and I get a casual greeting and Dad gets squeals of delight. Don't worry I am not bitter, I realize Dad isn't home as much therefore it is me who puts them in time out and punishes them for naughty things, makes them clean their room and doesn't let them change outfits every hour or two.
If I ask Aspen if she is my girl, or my princess, or my baby she will answer with a resounding, "No! I am Daddy's
lil'
Darlin' " Today after this little routine I asked her if she loved mommy and she hugged me sat back and put her hands on my cheeks and said, "Mommy I love you, but I love Daddy too!" I had to laugh. I guess that is all that matters. I am loved!
2 comments:
Your girls are too cute!! We have the same problem, every Sunday during sacrament, the kids mob Erick, and I'm left holding Sarah at the other end of the bench. Not that I'm complaining, I'll take whatever break i can get most days.
This is why I wanted a boy, I know he loves me. The girls aways want their daddys, but Kyle is MINE!
Post a Comment