Tuesday, May 20, 2008

poop, poop, poop and more poop

Ever feel like you should never leave the house because you have no idea what you will find when you get back? I often feel this, in fact I often wait to use the bathroom till Brent is home so I don't have to worry about what is going on while I am stuck there. I just got done cleaning up and thought I would share.

I took the dog out for a bathroom break he peed and pooped, good dog, he now gets 15-20 minutes on his leash in the kitchen. (He is so not potty trained) I come in and hook him to the door get him fresh water and top off his food and head to the living room kick off my sandals and head up the hall to check on the girls. I step in poop. One nice little round ball now smooshed to my foot, I hop back to the kitchen and clean it off with a baby wipe and am cursing the cats and their dingleberries under my breath. I head back down the hall way and notice a trail of little round poops. I grab a paper towel and follow the poops down the hall and into my room where I find Aspen in her newly acquired pull ups pulling poops out and throwing them onto the carpet. I clean her up and put a diaper on her, much trauma over that and put her to bed for a nap, more for me than for her, but it is naptime so not much guilt. I figure while I am cleaning up stinky messes I will clean out the litterboxes since it is trash day tomorrow. I put them back into the bathroom clean and fresh and head to the kitchen to put Gunner in his crate and find that he has pooped and peed on the floor. Doesn't matter he just did his business 15 minutes ago. I clean that up as well, put him in his crate (the only place he USUALLY won't pee and poop) and scrub my hands and arms up to my elbows dry off and use hand sanitizer as a final just in case. You know when you have one of those so called "real jobs" you get to feel a sense of accomplishment at the end of your day, sometimes as a Mom I miss that feeling, because tomorrow there will be more poop and more messes and I will think I did clean that didn't I? I did once have a clean house.

Funny, I just looked over and my visiting teacher brought me this cute message she had typed highlights from the Conference talk by Elder Ballard. "We need to remember that the full commitment of motherhood and putting children first can be difficult . . . recognize that the joy of motherhood comes in moments. There will be hard times and frustrating times. (Did he mean poop by chance?) But, amid the challenges, there are shining moments of joy and satisfaction."

I guess I will stop complaining and go wake up my girls and have a shining moment together!

2 comments:

Lore said...

LOL! This is why I told you to blog! To capture the finest moments of your life!

Lore

Jennie said...

Oh, such is life as a parent! Poop, pee, puke, drool, all things that use to make us cringe are now an everyday frustration. The joys of being a parent.