Friday, July 16, 2010

Aspen's Fashion Flair

All kids go through the I want to dress myself and this looks so cool!  Meanwhile as parents we cringe and think well we aren't going anywhere today right?  I have to say I had a harder time with this phase with my first.  But heck the only reason Sage wore something besides pink was because someone else bought it for her.  (I am sure one day Lore with be heaped with thank you's from Sage)  Sage always had her hair done and a matching bracelet for her outfit.  So when she wanted to wear crazy outfits I cringed.  Well now my kids won't wear the cute matching bracelets and they only want the same hair bow every day or even better mom don't do my hair!  They don't like to wear matching dresses or outfits anymore, this one is the saddest for me to give up.  So along this road my kids have worn me down and I pretty much have let Aspen explore her fashion sense far far more that poor Sage got to.  Some of these are from my phone.




This outfit was inspired by Lore's son Kyle who Aspen is head over heals in love with and wants to marry.   He is right on board with the whole thing and even showed her the green tie that he was saving for the wedding day, lol. Since then Aspen has had a thing for green. When she came to show me this one she said that Kyle would like it.


Do you like the hat? Yes this beauty was saved from the garbage by Aspen and recreated into the lovely hat you see here.


Oh where to start with this one!? How about the argyle stockings? These babies were hand-me-downs I believe from my brother's daughter Aubrey. I can guarantee Aspen has put more miles on them that the original owner! They are included in most of her creations and this winter were hiding under her jeans most days.  I especially like the stylish addition of the belt and of course the boots are on the wrong feet because that is how Aspen prefers to wear all of her shoes!


Not to bad on this one right? Unless you know that I had set out her outfit completely, sandals, etc because I was in a hurry to get to a Dr appointment and didn't have time for creativity. Then out waltzes Aspen in the infamous stocking and tennis shoes! I get parental kudos for taking the time to take this picture by the way.


Now we have arrived at today.  Yes currently my daughter is in the backyard on a hot July morning in this outfit catching snails.  What must those neighbors think?  Oh and by the way in case you were thinking of dissing on the hair, she told me it is "lovely."

Well I hope you all enjoyed our fashion line up for the day and can I just tell you how excited I am to do a scrap book page with these!

4 comments:

Jennie said...

This totally had me laughing. I was one of those people that saw children dressed like that and would think, "Why would those parents let them out like THAT!" Now my children are those kids. My girls think any shade of a color matches. Saturday Katherine picked an outfit out for Clara, Princess shirt (I think it is actually a pj top) and pink butterfly shorts. Not a great combo, but there was no time to change. She went to a primary activity and the movies like that!

Love the stockings with the belt. It's SOOO 80's to me!

Lore said...

Maybe if Kyle and I buy her a cute new outfit then it will become the new favorite and she can hold back on the stockings, at least for the summer… think it will work?
These are great pictures!

The Ridgeways said...

If it comes from Kyle it would probably become the favorite, however I can pretty much guarantee that she would add the stockings to it, lol

Laura said...

Oh my. I love the sock one.