Friday, September 18, 2009

Getting organized perks and downers.

I have been attending a marvelous organizational training by Marie Ricks of www.houseoforder.com. I have in the past three weeks made huge progress and have been working on all her assignments. My computer has been neglected but man you should see my laundry room! I have also been making regular trips to the DI and let me tell you it is true if you have half the "stuff" you really do have more time in the long run! I am excited to see what the rest of the course brings.

Part of this course has made me reflect on my life and when I was the most productive. That would have been when I had my Franklin planner and when I had my palm pilot. So I decided as my life seems very full lately that perhaps a planner would help me feel less overwhelmed and more free time available to blog, relax, etc! I first looked at electronic pda's and man they are cool now, but also $255-$350. A bit much for my unemployed budget. So I went to the Franklin Planner, I love paper anyway, I love check lists and all the sensation of paper feeds my soul, not a very green attitude. Would you believe I can't find my old planner?! That was my college buddy! I used it for years after college until I got nerdy and technical and went to my palm. Seriously could I have sent that precious baby to the DI? Apparently so. Well my paper solution just got more expensive but still cheaper than the electronic solutions.

So I am off to a busy day of errands! One stop definately being the Franklin store in the mall, I do have to say I am overly excited, lol. Hmmm, and if I am at the mall I really should visit Crazy 8's don't you think?!

2 comments:

Crystal/Scott/Charlie/John said...

That's too funny! I get super excited to buy planners and calanders too! Sometimes I'll make a check list as detailed as including "eat breakfast" just so I can cross it off the list. :)

Jennie said...

Ummm, what's a paper planner? J/K I'm starting to think I need one of those too, especially trying to keep up with Katherine's homework. My problem is you have to look at them to make them work. Also, having a seperate calandar on the wall gets tricky because I ALWAYS forget to transfer one to another. Good luck! Let me know how it works and if it's worth investing in again!