I bought Sage a desk at Wal Mart last night. She was so excited this morning to wake up and put it together. We started at 8am and finished just before noon. I let her read the directions and find all the pieces they were all labeled with ABC's or 123's. She had a great time. We got it all together and then took her computer out of the box and set it up. We received the computer months ago but I hadn't unpacked it until now. She was so excited she could hardly stand it. I didn't have a bookshelf yet so I brought my old cd storage upstairs and filled it with her books and supplies, the shelves are too short to set the books straight up on but at least there is enough room for them all in there and they have doors to shut it away. In a couple of weeks I will go buy the nice shelves I want from home depot. She has so many wonderful books and supplies it make ME excited to start the homeschooling. Her lessons are available online tomorrow. School doesn't start until the 24th but I thought we would go ahead and start tomorrow and work our way into the full day schedule for both of our sakes. Brent has been having a good laugh about me getting up "early" for school. He knows I am sooooo not a morning person. My kids have taken after their Dad and are very much early birds.



Now I am off to take my computer apart and replace the heat sink and fan. I am hoping this will keep my system from overheating and make it quieter. Right now it hums and rumbles so loud you can hear it everywhere in the house!
1 comment:
Looks like fun! We FINALLY got the info on what class, am or pm, and when she starts today. I was sad to see the only school supplies I have to buy are gluesticks and crayons. Good luck on the home schooling. It's deffiantely not something I could do. I'm not organized or motivated, or PATIENT enough for that!
Post a Comment