Monday, December 1, 2008

Busy Busy Busy

So I haven't taken any pictures lately. Yes I am a photo slacker this month, lol. However considering we usually fill a DVD every month taking a break may not be a bad thing! SO you don't get any pictures just my ramblings.

So Aspen has decided to be potty trained . . . I think. How many days in a row of dryness count as potty trained? Regardless the hurdle has been crossed in that she UNDERSTANDS the concept. I can take no credit in this. I was about to give up and go back to diapers full time. In fact I have an almost new Costco box of diapers to prove how discouraged I was. She woke up one day and wanted to wear panties, I told her no as I didn't have time to clean the carpets. She lost it, I told her she could wear panties but if she had an accident she wouldn't be allowed to wear them all week. Not the best parenting moment perhaps but it worked! She was dry all day even going in on her own. I know all of you without kids are rolling their eyes but this is HUGE! So we have gone 3 nights and three days completely DRY! HOORAY!

Oh and then we have a funny. My asthma has been bothering me a lot lately and I have been squeaking and wheezing. I didn't realize how much until I heard Aspen doing a fake Wheeze! I asked her what she was doing she told me she was the mommy and Sage was the baby. Of course! because all mom's wheeze!

My tree is up and the decorations are all out. Sage however is pestering Brent because our roof does not have lights! We will see how far she gets with that one. She also stole a set of lights while we were decorating the tree. I caught her trying to figure out how to put them on her 2 foot little tree in her room. She is way into all of this and gets so excited about everything it definitely makes the holiday more fun. Every night she is convinced she hears the reindeer.

I am glad to still have a job we have dropped from about 300 agents down to 95 or so. I was one of the lucky keepers. I am hoping the job hangs on until March at least but we will see. I hope Dell has a great Christmas! LOL

Oh Black Friday the biggest shopping HOLIDAY of the year! Loved it! Had so much fun. I even got some people to try it that never have. Also recruited my dear friend Laura to help me get all the things I needed. You know you have a good friend when they will meet you at walmart at 4am to help you shop the madness! We went to Walmart this year and SCORED. We are just about done shopping now. We need Aspen's "Santa" gift, oh and I wanted to see if I could find some turtlenecks to go under the vests we got for the girls. Other than that we are done. What a great feeling. Now all I have to do is wrap it all.

Well guess I will get back to work! Hope everyone had a great holiday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed Black Friday, I enjoyed staying in bed. I am surprised Melanie you got out of bed for that. Times change! Congrats on almost being done with Christmas shopping, I am almost done too,it is a good feeling!! Merry Christmas
Amanda