This has been a tough month and a great month all at once. I have really learned a great deal about myself and others. In no particular order they are:
1. http://howtomakebread.blogspot.com/ Pantry Secrets is a mother daughter team and they are amazing. I learned so much about not just how to make a loaf of bread at their class, but how to be a better mother and great tips on how to save money and provide for your family. Wonderful ideas on food storage. The whole food storage thing has been so overwhelming to me and honestly had no clue how to start. Not anymore and the more I add to it, the better I am feeling. I am really excited because I feel like at this time next year I will be able to confidently say I have a great food storage for my family. My favorite quote from that night, "Do you like to eat? Then you need food storage." I highly recommend the class and the dvd! Sage loves the dvd too, you would think it was Disney or something.
2. http://www.chorebuster.net/ Chorebuster, ah, my hero! Ok, I have thought of myself as an organized person especially at work but it has never filtered into my home. Then you add children and the chaos grew! I had no clue how to organize the chores and keep my house clean, granted some of you may be rolling your eyes as you can naturally achieve this. I was a failure. I felt like all I did all day was clean and clean and clean and yet nothing looked like I did. I know Brent would look around and I could see that look, What did she dooo all day! It would kill me because I knew how busy I had been but looking around I had to agree what had I done all day! My biggest problem I have found is distraction, I would start to do load the dishwasher and Sage would spill something I would wipe it up and find a toy on the table take the toy to the toy room and pick up some toys, find a cup and take it to the kitchen and notice the floor needed sweeping, sweep half the floor and find another toy and head back to the toy room . . . . do you get the picture! LOL I never FINISHED anything! I ran around with my head cut off. Now I focus on my 6-10 chores a day outlined by chorebuster. As long as I accomplish those I have actually made progress in my home. I try really hard to not let myself quit working on my "chore" until it is 100% complete and I get to put the little check mark in the box. Sigh, check marks, I love check marks! Such a feeling of accomplishment! Love to make my check marks! Crazy thing happend a couple weeks into it my house was clean most of the time! I was hitting all the areas in a regular time frame so picking up the toys and a quick sweep of the kitchen and I was ready for company! Amazing! I can't tell you how much I love this website! Our internet was down for a few days and my first thought was Oh No! I haven't printed this weeks chore list! Don't worry I just reused the week before, Whew! Just added Brent and Sage to the chore list . . . LOL we shall see how that goes!
3. Contention between people is usually just lack of knowledge. I am going to try very hard to put contention out of my life and take the time to hear the other side before I react. Katie is probably busting a gut over this one.
4.Forgiveness. What a gift that word is to ourselves and others. It really is true that forgiveness takes not only the load of yourself but the other person as well. Guess I knew this but had it reaffirmed for me this month. I am going to work at being more forgiving as I don't need to carry the crap around with me.
5. I appreciate you! Thanks for taking the time to read my posts and look at my pictures. I enjoy sharing and hope you enjoy it as well. Also I changed some settings so anyone can post a comment, I would love feedback and to know you are reading!
zolo99 slot รวมเกมแตกง่ายจากทุกค่ายดัง
10 months ago


4 comments:
Ah... its nice to feel appreciated for sitting on my butt and reading blogs. If only the rest of my life was so easy!!
Hi-
I found your blog when I was googling food storage and yours came up since you mentioned it in your post.
If you are ever looking for any more food storage tips, feel free to check out our blog! We are also currently working on our 72-hour kits.
Good luck with your food storage!
Hannah @
http://safelygatheredin.blogspot.com/
Just want to say HI... yes it is me at 5:02 am..
I was hoping you had an update on your blog about Lore. Anyway, I skimmed through what you wrote and it reminded me of the book "If you give a Mouse a cookie" and the some of the other Laura Neumaroff books. You could start your own series of "If then this..." books. :)
Luana
Post a Comment