Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I am no pioneer!

I woke up hot this morning. We had no power. I went to google the power company to call them. Hmmm, no power means no google. I called Brent who is in California this week and forgot about the time difference the opposite direction, I am sure he was thrilled to hear from me that early. He googled for me. Well the power company was aware of the outage, estimated time to have it up was 10am, then 11am, then 12pm, then 1pm. I had the girls running around in a diaper for Aspen and panties for Sage, it was too hot and I didn't have the heart to make them put their clothes back on. Sage wanted to know what I did to the house to break everything. She wanted to watch tv, then wanted popcorn, then wanted a bath but no hot water, then wanted to watch a movie on the computer, then wanted to play with her computer, then wanted the light on in her toy room so she could find something. Finally she asked if my phone worked. I said yes that is one thing that is still working and she told me good I am going to call Dad and get him to fix all this stuff. She called him and their conversation was fun to listen too. Dad explained that we needed power, she asked him to go buy some. It was pretty funny. She got off the phone and told me that if Dad wasn't on a plane he could fix this. It was at this point I decided I need a/c, I needed ELECTRICITY! I don't know how those poor pioneer ladies lived here in this heat with long dresses on and hats! Ugh. Latest update from the power company is estimated uptime at 4pm, I doubt it. Sure glad I ran away! I am at my parents house, they are up in SLC for the day but said we could stay and enjoy the luxuries that electricity provides until ours is up.

1 comment:

Tamara said...

I know the feeling, we only have a swamp box, but our hose split open last summer while Erick was at Scout Camp, and I was 8 months pregnant. Thank goodness for friends who know how to fix things! Anyway, glad you have a respite at your parents house, but you're always welcome here as well!!